Sunday, October 10, 2010

Katherine Hull gets second LPGA event

Australia's Katherine Hull rallied to win the Navistar LPGA Classic on Sunday for her additional career LPGA Tour title, affairs advanced with a baboon on the par-5 17th and finishing with a two-putt par for a 5-under 67 and a one-stroke achievement over Brittany Lincicome.


Hull, the above Pepperdine amateur who aswell won the 2008 Canadian Women's Open, accomplished at 19-under 269 on the links-style Senator blueprint at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail's Capitol Hill complex. After aperture with a 68, she had three beeline bogey-free 67s.


"It's in fact absolutely validating," said Hull, who began the annular three acclamation abaft Cristie Kerr. "I feel like my game's the best its anytime been, and I apperceive it's traveling to get better, too. I anticipate I've consistently struggled to try to put four acceptable circuit calm and I was able to do that this week."


On the par-4 18th, Hull absent the fairway to the larboard and was faced with a arduous lie. She hit her access on the green, 50 anxiety from the hole. Her baboon try chock-full 5 anxiety abbreviate and she adored par for the achievement and $195,000 first-place check.


"I would accept admired a tap-in, for sure," Hull said. "Putting is the best allotment of my game, so I was animated to see it drop."


Lincicome bankrupt with a 65. "You know, 65 on the final day, that's appealing cool," Lincicome said.Lincicome was the aboriginal to congratulate Hull, active assimilate the blooming and spraying her with a achievement beer.


"It's a little overwhelming," Hull said. "It apparently won't hit me until later. You just get so focused on active and just finishing that you don't anticipate about annihilation else."


"Today, things just didn't go my way," Kerr said. "If I had played bisected as able-bodied as I had played the aboriginal three days, it would accept been no contest."


Playing in the final accumulation with Hull, Kerr pushed her access attempt to the appropriate of the blooming on 18 and two-putted for a bogey. Had she won the tournament, she would accept becoming abundant credibility to yield over aboriginal abode in the Rolex Amateur of the Year standings. She remained third abaft Yani Tseng and Ai Miyazato.


Related search:  cheap golf clubs; cheap iron set; discount drivers; discount putters

No comments:

Post a Comment