Monday, October 11, 2010

Scott Gardiner succeeds in Chattanooga Classic

Australia’s Scott Gardiner won the Chattanooga Classic on Sunday for his aboriginal Nationwide Tour title, assault Joe Affrunti with a baboon on the fourth apertureof a playoff.

Gardiner bankrupt with a 6-under 66 to bout Joe Affrunti (71) and David Branshaw (70) at 19-under 269 on the Black Creek Club course. Branshaw was alone on the aboriginal added hole.

Gardiner had an hawkeye and six birdies on the par-5 18th, arena it four times in adjustment and three times in the playoff. He becoming $90,000 to jump from 62nd to 24th on the money account with $182,449. The top 25 afterwards the final three contest will acquire 2011 PGA Tour cards.

“It’s a lot easier than getting 62 on the account and on the cut band on a Friday,” Gardiner said. “It’s abundant job aegis alive I’ll be acceptable for a fewyears down the road. Hopefully, I can play like this the next few weeks and go forward.”

Gardiner and Affrunti opened the playoff with birdies on No. 18, while Branshaw alone out with a bogey. Gardiner and Affrunti birdied the 18th afresh on the second added aperture and had analogous pars on the par-4 ninth on the third playoff hole. Gardiner won with his third playoff baboon on 18.

“You’ve got beneath time to anticipate about it,” Gardiner said. “I had hit a acceptable putt (from 30 feet) to get it down there and I ample if I accomplish it, everybodygets to go home a little earlier. It was a abbreviate putt and if Joe absent I didn’t wish him to lose with a bogey.”

Brendan Steele (66) was fourth at 17 under, and David Mathis (64), Scott Dunlap (66), Jeff Brehaut (66), Patrick Sheehan (66), Jeff Curl (67) and Keegan Bradley (68) followed at 16 under.

In regulation, Gardner had a 20-footer for baboon on 18.

“I knew those guys were 18 beneath arena the endure hole,” said Gardiner, who accursed his third from a greenside alembic on the 532-yard hole. “I approved tohit a acceptable putt just like I did all week. I gave myself a attempt at it and it was the best putt I’ve anytime made.”

Related search:  wholesale golf clubs; cheap Fairway woods; discount Hybrid; discount Wedges

 

No comments:

Post a Comment